This morning I was reading an article on Yahoo News called 10 Foods and Drinks that Make You Look Older Than You Are Here is a simplified version of the article for you guys:
1. Salt weakens the skin by affecting collagen, therefore exposing more wrinkles.
2. Sugar accelerates the skins aging process.
3. Coffee dehydrates your body, causing your skin to dry out and look less plump.
4. Alcohol such as red wine pulls water out of your cells, causing puffy eyes.
5. Red Meat is linked to wrinkling. It hardens your blood vessel walls, causing sin to crease prematurely.
6. Simple Carbs inflame skin, producing reactive oxygen, which breaks down collagen causing skin to be less vibrant and plump.
7. Spicy Food dilate blood vessels in those who are rosacea-prone.
8. Hot Dogs and Cold Cuts are preserved meats that can age you. They are pro-inflammatory.
9. Soda is high in sodium which again age your skin. Can also dehydrate your skin causing puffiness and dull skin.
10. Trans Fats are manufactured fats in processed foods that elasticity from skin because water can’t go through the arteries that it clogs.